Friday, April 2, 2010

Weddings


Weddings are the most special day for most women... it is a day that they have been dreaming of all their lives. To meet that special guy and build their future with them. It is one thing that has to go as planned...sometimes being planned for months even years. Making sure that everything is in placed..the church, the cake, the reception hall...the locations for the photos...and a LOT more other small details. One thing that we pro-photographers stress is that one of the VERY IMPORTANT aspect that couples should really prepare for would be their photographer.

When everything is done and over with the only thing that's left would be the good memories and those photos that capture those emotions. Photos are more than just the snapshots from "photographers"... these are photos that commemorate your VERY SPECIAL day. Sure there's uncle "joe" and aunt "melda" that takes amazing photos...but the question is are they there to be your guest or be committed to capture as much detail on your wedding day?

It is always a question how important wedding photography is... if
you ask me I might be slightly biased because this is part of business. But think hard of all the hard earned cash that you invest on your wedding. After the location, limo, tux and bridal dress...the food...flowers... we are in the thousands of dollars already...or even say a lower budget of $10,000... a $1,100-1,800 photography service is not that demanding. Considering that at the end of it all the only tangible piece of the wedding that you and your spouse can look back on will your photographs. It is such an understatement to say that the photography is important... IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Generally guys are outside the scene when planning the wedding...guys usually just check the budget and approve of some minor things. But for guys this day is also VERY SPECIAL, this would be the day that you decide to devote your life to one woman. Guys may not be that emotional about all these wedding preparation...in most cases they are more the practical side of things. For me as I am getting married fairly soon to my amazing fiance Ces... I look forward to that day very eagerly. It is a day that I would seal the deal that I am hers.

Come on guys lets look at this day and make sure that this day will be well documented. People say that it's the bride's day but I really don't agree fully on that... for the bride would just be a single woman in a white gown without her man in his tuxedo. We are more than just a mere "usher"... we are as important as the bride. But hey always remember that you are the leading man...it's always the leading woman's show.

Choosing a wedding photographer can be quite a task...just imagine trying to cut down on budget...hmmmm. People compromise on the photographer to "save" some cash...but are they really cut-out to be the person to be their every step of the way to commemorate the day? There's a lot of things to be considered as you shop for a wedding photographer... one very real question is the price. You as a couple should look at it at more logical way too...look at the work that photographer produce...the consistency and the style of photography that they present. Also ask yourself...if he/she can blend in well during your day. It doesn't matter how amazing the photographer's portfolio is...but if he/she is a pain to be with to get those photos, what's the use??? Meeting the photographer in a house/office setting tells you a little bit about him..as he presents his work, how passionate is he to be part of your day.

For me... I meet the couple anywhere they choose to... this gives me a more relaxed atmosphere while knowing the needs of the couple. I don't want the confined space for them to know me...unless they choose to meet me in my home or my work place. I firmly believe that personality is something that is absolutely important in choosing your photographer. He/she will be there ALL DAY or most of the day...directing you and your love ones for those photos... do you feel comfortable with him/her? To me great photographs comes second to making my clients feel at ease, making the day fun and effortless in creating those memories. Most of my images are created through anticipation...looking as the next scene unfolds. Yes I do formals too but barely anything too posed... I love to get the natural expressions and the hidden emotions in each frame.

I always include the engagement session free on my wedding bookings, or if requested pay for the engagement session and apply it to your wedding package if you decide to book me. $175 for an engagement session for up to 3 hrs... is a cheap investment to know if I am the right photographer for you. Or we can go out for coffee to meet up to talk about your day...this way we can be ourselves and plan your needs. Wedding photography is a lot of pure documentation...but it doesn't have to be boring nor stale. It has to be dynamic...compelling and should reflect the joy that the day is all about.

I love to make each frame an artwork and at the same time a page from your story book.

Come and call me to meet me and see if I am someone you would like to part of the day you've been dreaming of all your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment