Friday, April 2, 2010

Portraits


Portraits are associated a lot with a well lit, carefully posed shot...on most cases in studio with a textile background...or in a more high tech studio a digital background. I have nothing against this set-up and I do have access to a studio if a client have a particular need for one or I can set-up at their home or office and create "studio" portraits there.
I am more of an on location portrait photographer...I love the outdoors
...I love to incorporate different elements to create something unique. I make sure that my sessions are always FUN... so that I can capture the true personality of my clients.

I've worked with different pro and aspiring models/actress to create their portfolio. They too have something more specific in mind... they want something more geared towards the fashion end of things. I still try to incorporate a little bit of my own style of photography to these shots...working more on actual locations rather than a studio shot.

I love to experiment on different angles and lighting for these type of portraits. I still want to show my clients something that can set them apart from the other portfolios that agencies might see.

Portraiture is a very challenging field on it's own... me as the artist have to consider so many different factors. I have to make sure to know locations that would best suit the clients' needs. I would have to prepare different lighting equipment depending on the location and time of day. I would also have to make sure I bring the right set of lenses to create different perspectives. And last and the most important piece of the puzzle... I have to make sure the client looks stunning.
Even if everything else is perfect if the client have an awkward smile or something that just doesn't look too flattering... it is not even part of the proof images that the client get to see. Portraits is all about the client...they are the star of the photo. They are the model and it's their time to shine.

Most of my models, I've worked with multiple times...and they often refer to me to their friends and relatives for their own sessions. I always make sure that it is FUN and something they look back on as such an amazing experience. I let my clients be themselves... but with some guidance on their poses to make sure they look their best.

Come call me for your own portrait session... I guarantee you that there wouldn't be any dull moment as we create your personalized fine art portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment