Sunday, April 4, 2010

Esplanade Riel Bridge




I've photographed this bridge literally over a hundred times in the last 4 years... It's a beautiful bridge and it's very iconic for Winnipeg. If Paris have the Eiffel Tower... we have the Esplanade Riel Bridge here in Winnipeg. It is however one of the most "common" subject... because every photographer in Winnipeg and every tourist have a set or sets of photographs of the bridge.

I have lots of images of the bridge and one of the most popular is my gallery piece "Esplanade at Dawn"(I will downsize an image soon)... A client came to our shop and was looking at my fine art prints...he immediately admired the "Esplanade at Dawn" piece and inquired about other prints I have..he is thinking of building a collection of photographs to fill his home. He then inquired if I have day time photographs of the bridge and I immediately answered LOTS! lol.... he then said he will bring his mom to help him choose the right images for his walls.

And I though...hmmm... I should create new ones... something that would bring a new perspective for me. I can offer him something fresh. I didn't know what kind of weather I was going to get the last 2 days but I went out and created a handful of photographs of the bridge.

And one nice touch was that it was a true test for my new "prosumer" ... Sony V3. I used it as my backup camera to my trusted and proven Sony DSC-R1. And to be honest... the V3 showed that it is still one of the best digital cameras around...despite its age it held up quite well to my camera of choice the Sony R1(for walk around photography).

Here's my images of the beautiful bridge.








No comments:

Post a Comment