Tuesday, April 6, 2010

HongKong - A teaser

On my trip to the Philippines in October 2009, I suppose to have a 9hrs stop over in Hong Kong. Unfortunately I was delayed so badly in Vancouver that I ended up with about 4 hrs stop over in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong a lot of people say is a very beautiful city. I can't really fully support this statement due to the fact that I was in a rush to see some parts of the city and the time of day wasn't as flattering for the city. I just tried to enjoy as much as Hong Kong as I can in the 3 hrs I had. I rode the very expensive train from the airport to the mainland... even for Canadian dollar standard, that train ride is TOO MUCH MONEY! And to top it all off... everything in Hong Kong was expensive, the food was just same or more money than in Canada. I tried to look for McDonalds and Subways... but woaaahhh... prices was more than what I usually spend in Winnipeg. I ate at a small food stall by the train station...price was Ok but honestly the food wasn't that great... the drink(a papaya shake) I ordered was so grouse that I had to order Coke. Hong Kong didn't look as fun as most people said it was... but again maybe I had to be there for longer time to enjoy it. My Canadian money don't last too long there...between the train ride and food...I tried to look for bargains but apparently it was at a different area of the city.

I would love to go back and see more of Hong Kong... maybe go there specifically and not just for a stop over.

I just did what I always love to do... create photographs. Here's some of them.







No comments:

Post a Comment