Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jeff and Jovy - wedding 2009 with 1 body and 1 lens




Early in 2009, I got a call from my best friend Jeff... he sounded so excited and just really anxious to tell the news. He blurted "I am marrying Jovy"...then I asked... when? and immediately he answered this coming October, the 28th. So he then continued .... I would love to book you as my photographer. I was so honored for him and Jovy to have me as their photographer.

Months slowly crept up and before I know it, here's October... I was so excited about everything... I get to party again island style and I would get to spend time with my best buds. One of the most exciting thing was that I get to spend time my future wife, Ces. I was so excited that a month prior to my flight... I am all packed... but the camera gear was still out because of projects I still have to cover. As each day passed... the excitement kept getting stonger... Philippines here I come.

I arrived in the Cebu, October 26 at night and the wedding was on October 28... so I didn't even had barely anytime to relax...it was go..go..go. On the night I arrived...we went out right away...and the 27th was spent rehearsing.


The day came and I was really determined to be still able to create some photographs for 2 of the closest people in my life...Jeff and Jovy. So I carried my backpack full of gear down to the hotel lobby where I was meeting everyone... including Ces. 

I relied heavily on a single focal length, my 30mm f1.7 Sigma and my Olympus E3. My usual gear set is a couple of primes, the 30mm f1.7 and the 50mm f1.7 and my 12-60mm f2.8 zoom lens. I am posting just the photos from a single focal length to show the versatility of a single prime. Bare in mind that Olympus DSLR do multiply the actual focal length giving me an equivalent of 60mm f1.7.

Despite the limitation of focal length, the Sigma 30mm f1.4... I created really cool images. I did push the E3 to it's limits working upto the edge of it's ISO range and in some cases pulling the exposure to push it later on post processing(using ISO3200 and produce ISO6400+). I have to say... my Olympus E3 is an amazing tool.

Here's some of my images of that day... congratulations Jeff and Jovy... all the best in the years and decades ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment