Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jeff Abrasaldo

I can still remember vividly that very day that bonded me and Jeff back in Ateneo de Davao High School. We were suspended from classes because of a really silly thing we did...hahaha... That day would always remain as one of the most special days of my life.

Jeff and I have been close ever since our first year in high school, we just talk and do childish stupid things together. Tease each other and just laugh our heads off about anything... yah... this sounds really immature, and yes we were... but hey we were young then!

We were classmates in first year high school but when our second year came... we were in different classes but still we kept in touch. We didn't have that much time together since we have different groups of friends we started hanging out with. On our third year, we were classmates again...and the bond we had back in 1st year just grew stronger. We shared all stupid and relevant things in our lives...like I helped Jeff ask out his ultimate crush in high school...even courted the girl for him. They got together and spent the 2 years in high school with each other.

Jeff and I went through a lot of things together... I use to pick him up at his house to go driving every night... and I didn't even had a license then...lol. We had the same group of friends that for the most part are still very close to us even to this day. High school came and gone...and college years started to roll... Jeff decided to go to school in Cebu and I stayed in Davao. In all school breaks Jeff comes home to Davao and we catch up with stories and do for drives all over the city. It came to the point that I was leaving the Philippines to immigrate to Canada... it was such a sad day but at the same time I look forward to the new adventures I am about to take. We still kept in touch even being half the world away... I went home in 2001 and literally just partied with my best buds.. Jeff and Adian. Then the long grueling 8 years past and he told me the happiest news ever... that he is getting married to his long time girlfriend Jovy. I was so excited for both these guys..because its about bloody time they tie the knot...lol. Jeff gave me a choice to be either his photographer or his best man...then went on a spill that he really wants me by his side as he gets married. I obviously choose to be his best man.

Now that my bestfriend is happily married... I wish him and Jovy all the best in the world and as I keep on visiting the Philippines we will sure to keep in touch and be always best friends.

Jeff is one of my moderators in my Philippine workshops...and to his credit, he is actually been in photography way longer than I am. The official group photographer since our high school years. Jeff is a very talented artist with his pencils and inks... as he is into illustrations and sketching. He is a well sought after architect by profession and an artist as his passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment