Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Marissa Mapatac-Winnipeg RNB recording artist



I got an inquiry from Marissa Mapatac to have a photo shoot with her as part of a promotional portfolio she is preparing... I was so excited to get a chance to photograph her. We set-up a night themed session for her after an earlier collaborative photo shoot with another Winnipeg photographer, Aris Aguila.

I was coming of a gallery meeting when I was meeting Marissa. That night wasn't the optimum time to do a shoot since it was getting dark too quickly and IT WAS RAINING. I brought with me my on location lighting kit... but I wasn't about to have all my gear drenched just to get the shot. I opted to continue the shoot with a little tweak on the concept... more like a wet hot night out with Marissa Mapatac.

I love my Olympus cameras and having the Olympus E3 and the Zuiko 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 lens... I was able to continue with the shoot... Despite the pouring rain, my weather sealed gear would be up to the task. And people might ask even really criticize... what did I use for fill flash??? simple... on board flash. I had to use on board flash to avoid wrecking my lighting gear. The time constraint that these recording artist have are most times impossible... if I backed out of the session, I might not be able to be part of her promotional portfolio. Marissa is quite a busy person because of her commitments as a recording artist. I just have to re-think and go on with the session.

Marissa Mapatac... awesome singer, model and a friend. Thanks Marissa and all the best always!






No comments:

Post a Comment