Friday, April 2, 2010

Products

My life as an artist has different facets... I am also a jewellery designer for one of the prominent stores in Winnipeg. I create what I call wearable fine art and you can know more about this side of my life through Dodgie Dator Wearable Fine Art.


As I design my pieces I am also excited to see the finish piece so that I can photograph it. I love really cutting edge designs to showcase my creativity. I've won several awards for my designs and accolades from people in the industry keeps coming. I love designing jewellery but I love photographing them just as much.


Product photography is a very specialized field...specially photographing jewellery. Jewellery is reflective and to avoid seeing yourself in the photos can be sometimes challenging. Lighting is also something quite specific, since the surfaces in a ring or most pieces show the placement of the strobes. I learned certain techniques through out my career as a product photographer, even created specialized "light boxes" or diffusers to accommodate my needs. My product photographs have been published in different promotional campaigns for Mcgrath Diamonds.


I am available to photograph different products...food, jewellery, clothes...just about anything that you might need a photograph of for ads or various marketing materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment