Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Year 2006


Hello everyone, I am introducing this blog to share my life behind the camera. I am a fine art photographer here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I've been an serious hobbyist ever since I started my interest in photography... that was back in Feb 2006. I was more into paintings, particularly oils and acrylic but I also use enamels and I love pen and inks and charcoal artworks. As I started designing jewellery in 2004 I really didn't have time to do my usual paintings and it took me quite awhile to sort out my mind to choose an artistic hobby I can get busy with. Designing is very demanding field in terms of creativity since I want to be the best that I can possibly be... and the pressure was enormous winning an award on my very first competition in 2004. I just want to stay ahead and establish myself as a premier designer. After winning 2 more MJA awards I can confidently say that I've made an impression on the designing community.


The year 2006 was significant to start my new hobby since every 2 years my whole family goes on a roadtrip. And our scheduled road trip for that year was to tour western Canada..Alberta..British Columbia and finally to our destination Seattle, Washington, USA. It wasn't 'til the summer for our roadtrip so I had quite a few months to practice and it just so happened that my parents were part of an organization sponsoring a fundraising concert for a Philippines Charity Gawad Kalinga. My mom asked me promptly if I will be interested to cover the event for their organization.... I was so excited that I agreed without hesitation. Despite being in my early stages in the art form I strived to create the best images I can. At the end of the event I was so happy that my mom and her colleagues loved my work. Those very images are part of my portfolio.


Here are some of my favorite 2006 Road trip photographs that is currently part of my Canadian landscape portfolio available for purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment