Thursday, November 11, 2010

Davao City, Fashion Portfolio Session



This session was a collaborative effort from different Davao City talents, 2 make-up artists, 9 models, 3 designers and 2 photographers and a modeling coach.

I was discussing this concept with my protege Jeff Abrasaldo for quite sometime, we had no idea it can get this big and this serious. I contacted my very good friend Christy Cabuenas Ablog, the owner of Renaissance Haute Couture, a premier design house in Davao City.

The first time I mentioned this to Christy she was just as excited as me and Jeff, she mentioned that she will open the idea to 3 of her friends that are designers. It wasn't the easiest way to arrange anything since I am half the world away. We kept each other in the loop through emails but with both our very hectic schedules, it was hard to find time to really plan it. The planning stage was then started on my first day in Davao City,Oct 5 I met with Christy to get everything started but I was about to leave for Hongkong and Cebu so everything was again put on hold. It wasn't the hardest thing to organize since the 3 designers were as eager as I am to proceed with the event.

The event is an actual fashion photo shoot for 3 award winning Davao City clothing designers. It will be a portfolio shoot for everyone involved.

I would like to thank the 3 amazing designers, Marco Laurencio Jr. of Renaissance Haute Couture,Windell Mira from the House of Juliet Pamintuan and Harold Cabrera of his own signature designs. To our 9 models, to our 2 actual brides(featuring their very own wedding gowns), our 2 make up artists, our modeling coach and to Christy and Jeff who conceptualized this event with me... THANK YOU!

Special mention to the staff of the White Mansion and the Matina Town Square for the use of their facilities for the session.

Here's some of my favorite photographs from our event.











































No comments:

Post a Comment