Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Winter Arts - December 2010




I love winter photographs... why you might ask... I just love it!

Winter photographs is something that I love because I set out a time to get going and just enjoy the white fluffy stuff. Yes it is EXTREMELY cold here in Winnipeg, dipping way below subzero temperatures in the -50 degrees. Yes my tropical friends... -50. I have done my "winter photowalks" with my Olympus E1 covered partially with ice, literally the area I am not holding on to was iced. My winter photowalks are usually in intervals of 30mins(during -50deg), with my down filled parka and 2 layers of clothes and gloves. It's a sign when you loose feelings on your fingers/toes to go and warm up.

Looking forward to the rest of the winter and create more of these photographs, hoping to get either of the two galleries representing me to do a "Winter Art" exhibit.

I will be adding more into this album as the long Winnipeg winter continues on... most people hate it but I LOVE IT!!! Just wondering if my Cheska will be joining me on these outings soon...







No comments:

Post a Comment