Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tim Walker 2nd Session


This is my second session with the very talented actor/model Tim Walker. Our first session was such a success we had to do a follow up session. It is such a pleasure and an honor to work with someone that is so used to being in the front of the camera.

This session is also my real life test for my new "walk around" camera the Olympus EP1. I used it mounted with the OM converter and I had my Zuiko OM 50mm f1.8 attached. I choosed the 50mm f1.8 OM because of the easier focus than my 50mm f1.4 OM. You might be wondering why bother with manual focus lenses??? Simple, the EP1 is so slow and very inaccurate in autofocus specially with my 4/3rd lenses. I really didn't want to do a session with the micro 4/4rds kit lens, so I choosed to use my OM lenses.

I also brought along my pro kit... the Olympus E3 with the fantastic 50mm f2 Zuiko, as a reference camera. I shot some poses with both cameras seconds apart just to compare colors and detail. My experience with the EP1 was so positive that I see myself using it more and more for portrait work. The manual focusing gave me more control and pays tribute to my Olympus OM2s and my entire OM system. Om lenses are amazing...sharp, contrasty and the color rendition is sometimes even better than the modern pro lenses from Zuiko. With the Olympus EP1 and my Zuiko OM prime lenses I can reduce the weight I have to carry on my sessions and I don't compromise quality at all.

Thanks Tim for these amazing images... looking forward to more sessions ahead.

















No comments:

Post a Comment