Saturday, June 12, 2010

Heather in Pinawa




When Heather and I started working together, we were both in our learning stages.. it is great to see that we both progressed in our fields. I was a landscape artist in the days before Heather and she always was a big fan of my work. Back in May 2009, we had our very first photo session together. It wasn't really much of a photoshoot... it was more just like a day at the park. Heather and I had lots of photo sessions in 2009, concept sessions that we both learned from. She is such an amazing model to work with, always prepared for the shoot and never missed a session yet. I am very thankful for her as my premier concept model, I can't ask for anyone better. I've worked with various other models and talents but Heather's work ethic is unsurpassed.

On this session in Pinawa, I never anticipated that I will test Heather to her limits not only as a model but also as an athlete. We both scaled rocks just to reach our first 2 locations, it was so remarkable that she climbed those rocks in her high heels and her dress. It wasn't easy for me too, trying to balance myself with my camera equipment. It was so challenging yet FUN at the same time.

It may not show that Heather went through all these challenges just to produce these images. Trust me I can't even imagine having someone else with me that day, I thought she would simply say..."nah I can't do this". Heather is such a trooper that we went down to the river banks and climbed the highest point of those rocks. To top it all off... it was raining for a good part of our session, thanks to Olympus' weather sealed E1 body and my 50mm f2 Zuiko and 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 Zuiko.

Amazing H... looking forward to working more with you.

















No comments:

Post a Comment