Sunday, June 27, 2010

Just Before the Rain-Landscapes, Fine Art



This is a nice treat for me... this is my first landscape/fine art album in about 2 months. I've been so busy with people photography that I haven't really had time to do my personal fine art images. Yesterday I had a client that really gave me the boost of confidence to revisit fine art photography. He was giving me compliments by referring me to really amazing landscape artists. I know that I do create really cool fine art photos but I do have to admit that I do still strive to be even better. To me... there's always room for improvement, I always look for ways to step it up a notch.

Lately with portraits and weddings, I just don't have time to just head out and create personal photographs. I try to do some photos before and after the session but I haven't even had the chance to prepare those. This album is special to me because this location is a place I've visited 2 years ago but went the other side(The Dunes). This time we(Heather, Dom and Kim) walked the 7kms hike to visit the Devil's Punchbowl of Spirit Sands, Manitoba. This is Manitoba's desert and not a lot of Manitobans even heard of it. I knew the place because I've been there before with my currator and good friend Jean Webster.

The forecast for the afternoon was 70% chance of precipitation. I always base it on how the clouds look. Early this morning I got a call from Heather just confirming the participants for our concept session and that by 10am we should be heading out of Winnipeg. The Spirit Sands is about 2hrs drive and we just didn't want to be there very late in the afternoon. We never even thought of the weather forecast, because the skies looks like it was just cloudy. We arrived at the site at 1pm and proceed to walk towards the Devil's Punchbowl and as we were half way through the 3.5kms hike the clouds seems so dark and that was a really bad indication of rain. It was a bit late to turn around so we just took the chance and still went on towards the location. Then .6kms left the rain just poured and we all got soaked but still having fun.

Here are some of my fine art images just before the rain poured really hard.













No comments:

Post a Comment