Friday, May 7, 2010

Tannis Van Damme Sitarz-1st session

This is my first session with my good friend Tannis. She is a fan of my fine art photographs and I always teased her to model for me. She agreed quite a long time ago but with both our busy schedules we didn't get the chance to meet up.

Tannis and her husband Blaine became my good friends through my jewellery designs. I created one of the most complex piece of jewellery with her engagement and wedding band. I still consider that particular ring as one of my best pieces. Our friendship grew from there and from time to time Tannis and Blaine just drops by to chat and see what's new. One day I re-invited Tannis to model for me and she said to keep in touch because her sched would free up a little bit. So a month ago we started to seriously plan for this session and now the day came and it was raining HARD...lol. We can't just simply cancel it, after all we both waited a long time for this day to come. She agreed to start our session in an indoor location. We are lucky because the best indoor location in Winnipeg The Legislative Building is always open to the public. So we started at the legislative building and just started taking shots to ease Tannis a little. She kept on looking at our first takes and says " Dodge these are awkward..." . I keep telling her to relax and that she's just not used to her self posing like that. We went on with the shoot and it really didn't take her long to get comfortable infront the lens. In a few more frames and she rocked the shoot.

Thanks Tannis for such an amazing session and these fantastic photographs.








No comments:

Post a Comment