Friday, May 7, 2010

Collaboration Wedding Shoot with Jerry Vergel



There's the odd times that I do collaboration shoots with fellow Winnipeg photographers but not so often for weddings. I got an email the day before this wedding from my good friend Jerry Vergel. He asked me if there's any chance I can help him out with a wedding...and I soon found out it would be 5-1-2010, the day after. I was so thankful that I didn't have any design consultation or a wedding booked for that day.

I don't mind helping a fellow photographer out, specially someone that took me in 2 years ago to help me with my very first wedding booking. Jerry helped me learn the ropes of wedding photography and I don't really turn my back on people that have been helpful to my growth.

Jerry and I have a very different approach in photography but I do believe we compliment each other in the final output. If we had to create an album separately, the photos would have a very distinct look if its' mine or if its' Jerry's. Lucky couple having 2 independent photography studio covering their wedding. It's an amazing deal to think of it, having me and Jerry documenting their day. My full day wedding packages start at $2,500 and Jerry's pricing is slightly higher, with this collaboration it cost them way less than having to book us both.

We both run our own studios here in Winnipeg and I do consider him a mentor but a friendly competitor. He specialize in photojournalistic wedding coverage while I specialize in fine art portraits and couture weddings. I would have to say that my own brand of Photojournalistic Fine Art do have a few advantages(hey I am bias... this is a business after all...lol).

Here's some of my photographs of that day.























No comments:

Post a Comment